These muffins are really good and last several days without getting stale. I think they're even better the second day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 16 cream-filled sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 cream-filled sandwich cookies, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1 cup vanilla chip
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1Combine 1 3/4 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- 2Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Beat egg and milk and stir into dry ingredients just until moistened -- do not overmix!
- 4Fold in coarsely chopped cookies.
- 5Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- 6For topping, combine the flour, sugar, and crushed cookies.
- 7Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- 8Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of topping over each muffin.
- 9Bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- 10Cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack.
- 11Melt vanilla chips and shortening in a heavy saucepan over low heat until smooth.
- 12Drizzle over cooled muffins.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Cookie Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.4
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 169.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: