Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Awesome! I love coffee, I admit it. I am addicted to it, but even if you are not, try this!! You will like them! Dip them in your coffee or eat them alone. Any way, they are good! 8)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease 3 or 4 baking sheets.
- In a bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- In separate bowl, beat egg with coffee granules until dissolved. Gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch and baking powder over mixture.
- Stir in to make a soft dough and knead lightly.
- On a floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-inch thickness.
- With a 2-inch fluted cutter, cut out cookies and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until firm and lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- Put the cooled, melted chocolate into a pastry bag and snip off end.
- Pipe parallel zigzag lines on half the cookies.
- For cookie filling: In bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- In another bowl, mix egg yolk with coffee granules; add to creamed mixture and beat until smooth.
- Spread the filling on plain cookies and then sandwich together.
- Let cool in cool place until filling is firm.