This is a nice, dark mocha cream. It's cold and refreshing on a hot summer day. Just perfect, for sitting by the pool or out on a dock, sipping while reading a book. It'll give you a little lift.
- 177.44 ml milk chocolate
- 59.14 ml half-and-half cream
- 14.79 ml dark brown sugar
- 29.58 ml cocoa (unsweetened, dark or bittersweet)
- 14.79 ml instant coffee
- 28.34 g coffee liqueur (optional)
- 4 ice cubes
- 2 coffee ice cubes
- 118.29 ml whipped cream, already whipped
- 0.59 ml cocoa powder (unsweetened, dark or bittersweet)
- Pour the milk, cream and sugar into the blender and mix until blended.
- Next add the cocoa, instant coffee granulas, liquer and the ice cubes processing until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, top with the whipped cream and sprinkle with cocoa powder, now its ready to serve.
OMG!!! What a fantastic drink!!! This is so rich and creamy and full of chocolate and coffee flavors!! Do not skip the blending part of the directions, as this makes it so thick and creamy delicious!! I followed this as written, although I thought it meant chocolate milk rather then milk chocolate as someone else stated, and I used just normal ice cubes. I did add the coffee flavored liqueur (Kahlua) for a fun cool evening drink. Thanks BK for sharing such a yummy recipe. Made for Stars Tag.
This was soooo good! I did not blend mine but shook it over some ice then poured it over more! I used land o lakes whipped cream and this was divine! Tastes like the mocha Starbucks things you get in the bottle! I also used decaf coffee due to the hour in the day! Great after work treat! :) Thanks for posting! Made for Zaar Stars Tag Game!
Rich and chocolaty! I wasn't sure what kind of milk chocolate to use, I ended up using Hershey ice cream topping, which really put the chocolate over the top...SO Good!!! Made this for Comfort Cafe Jan.'09 - Thanks for a delicious recipe :)