Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
- 3 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 4 (1 ounce) bittersweet chocolate squares
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup strong brewed coffee
- In a bowl, stir the crushed graham crackers and butter together; press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 10 minutes; cool on a wire rack; decrease oven temp to 325°.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed using an electric mixer until blended.
- Add in liqueur, coffee granules, and vanilla, beating at low speed until well blended.
- Add in eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition.
- Remove and reserve 1 cup cream cheese mixture; pour remaining batter into prepared crust.
- Microwave chocolate squares in a medium bowl 1 minute or until melted, stirring after 30 seconds; let cool slightly.
- Stir reserved 1 cup cream cheese mixture into melted chocolate, blending well.
- Spoon chocolate mixture in lines on top of batter in pan; gently swirl with a knife.
- *(Optional) If you want to bake this in a water bath--Place cheesecake/pan in a large rectangular baking pan filled with 2 inches of hot water (water bath); place in oven.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until almost set; turn oven off.
- Let cheesecake stand in oven, with door closed, 30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven (and water bath, if using) and gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen from sides of pan; cool on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Remove sides of springform pan; serve with Mocha Sauce.
- To make the Mocha Sauce: add chocolate morsels, whipping cream, and butter to a small saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in coffee; serve warm.