Recipe by ~*ElaineS_807*~
Light, easy and melt in your mouth
Top Review by Julie B's Hive
One of my PAC picks Spring 2007. Soooo good! The outer shell dissolves in the mouth leaving an intense chocolate-ty goodness that becomes more procounced as it gets smaller. I used a cookie scoop and found the baking time was way off; I removed them from the oven after about 20 minutes. All in all a very good recipe. Hope to see you posting more of your recipes soon.
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300º.
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar at high speed of electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla, beating well after each addition until stiff peaks hold, sugar is dissolved and mixture is glossy. Sift cocoa onto egg white mixture; gently fold just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 35 to 45 minute or just until dry. Cool slightly; peel paper from cookies. Store, covered, at room temperature.
- Makes 30 cookies.