Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A decadent dessert! Plan ahead as chilling time is not included in prep or cook time.
- 2 cups finely crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, about 20 cookies, such as Oreos
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely crushed chocolate sandwich style cookies, about 14 cookies, such as Oreos
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together 2 cups cookie crumbs and butter and press into bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each.
- Stir in vanilla, 1 cup chocolate chunks, and 1 1/2 cups crushed cookies.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325º for 55 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Turn off oven; let cheesecake stand in oven with oven door partially open, 20 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes.
- Cover cheesecake and chill for 8 hours.
- Release sides of pan.
- Microwave remaining 3/4 cup chocolate chunks and whipping cream in a glass bowl at HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir until chocolate melts.
- Chill this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Pour evenly over cheesecake and serve.