Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 24 chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2.5 (4 ounce) semisweet chocolate, baking bars divided
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package chocolate chunks, divided
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°; process cookies and 2 T sugar in a food processor until cookies are coarsely crushed.
- With the processor running, pour butter through food chute; process until cookies are finely crushed.
- Press mixture firmly on bottom of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes; let cool.
- Decrease oven temperature to 325°.
- Break 1 baking bar into squares and place in a microwave safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir until smooth.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, and vanilla at low speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Gradually beat in melted chocolate; beat in 1 cup sugar and flour.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chunks.
- Pour batter into baked crust; sprinkle with remaining chocolate chunks.
- Bake for 1 hour until set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; gently run a knife around outer edge of cheesecake to loosen from sides of pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Remove sides and bottom of pan; place cheesecake on a serving plate.
- Chop remaining 1 1/2 baking bars and place in a microwave-safe bowl; add whipping cream, and microwave on HIGH 1 minute.
- Stir until blended and smooth; let stand 5 minutes.
- Pour ganache over chilled cheesecake; allowing ganache to spill over edges of cheesecake; smooth ganache with an offset spatula.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!