Recipe by Pam-I-Am
An easy cake mix recipe made in a 9 x 13 pan. Something different from the ordinary brownie.
Top Review by Noor.Khalid
I was looking for an easy dessert to make and these bars fit the bill. My husband inhaled these and already wants me to make more. I used semi-sweet chocolate chunks this time, but next time I'm going to use toffee bits. I will always keep a box of vanilla cake mix on hand from now on. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (19 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix (Pillsbury makes one)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease bottom only of a 9 x 13 pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix, buter and egg whites and milk in a large bowl with a spoon. Stir in chocolate chunks. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut and serve.
- Makes about 24 bars. (6 x 4 rows).