Strawberry Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1 (19 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F (325F for dark non-stick pans). Melt butter in rectangular pan, 9 x 13 inches in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter.
- Arrange strawberries and rhubarb on brown sugar evenly. Press them into the brown sugar gently.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cake mix with water, oil and eggs until smooth. Pour batter over strawberries and rhubarb.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick is inserted in center and comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately run a knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake. CAREFYLLY, turn pan upside down onto a heatproof serving plate. Leave pan over cake for 1 minute so the brown sugar topping can drizzle over the cake.
- Cool for 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool with a dolup of whipped cream on top. Store loosely covered.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation