Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for the chocolate lover. They are easy and great for kids.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄4 cups mini marshmallows
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place sugar, milk, cocoa powder and butter into a large heavy saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until well combined.
- Turn heat to high and boil rapidly for 1 minute and take off heat.
- Add vanilla, rolled oats, coconut and marshmallows.
- Stir until marshmallows are melted.
- Drop using a tablespoon on cookie sheet rough shaped into round cookies.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, remove from sheet and store them back in the refrigerator.
This is a great recipe! I have one similar to it, only using peanut butter instead of marshmallows. DS is allegeric to peanuts, so this is a great replacement for the peanut butter! He loved them. Thanks for a great recipe!
5 stars for sure! I left out coconut and marshmallows this time for game night (not sure if everyone likes those) but left the rest the same. Its amazing how many variations there are on this simple cookie - these are so sweet with 1c. sugar and others on zaar are calling for up to 2 2/3c! Ew. Love these just as they are and I will continue to make these over and over again. Thank you for posting Emily1.
These score VERY HIGH with my DH!! The recipe is almost exactly the same as one we've been making for years - except for the addition of marshmallows which just makes these even better! (Adds chewiness) I will be making this recipe from now on! This recipe isn't just for Christmas either...it can be made anytime you need a quick (and easy) treat! Thanks for making these even better!