Recipe by susie cooks
This recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine. It is delicious and healthy!
Top Review by Outta Here
Very rich and moist, and flavorful! I used Splenda for half of the sugar (I leave a little real sugar in for texture and browning when baking breads) This is better than most low fat zuke breads I have tried. The amount of cinnamon was just right for a subtle spiciness. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; mix at low speed until well blended.
- Stir in applesauce.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon and salt, stir well with whisk.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, beating until just moist.
- Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out almost clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes and remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.