Just found this scrumptious recipe on a newsgroup online. Sounds good, and I can't wait to try it!
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Scones recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 425.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl,combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
- With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in the chocolate chips with a fork.
- In a cup, beat together the buttermilk and egg, then add them to the flour mixture.
- Mix lightly with a fork until the mixture clings together and forms a ball of soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- and knead gently, turning 5 or 6 times.
- With a floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1/2-inch thick circle.
- Slice into 12 triangular pieces.
- Lightly brush the tops of the scones with milk and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake the scones 10 to 12 minutes or until they are golden brown.