Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
Just found this scrumptious recipe on a newsgroup online. Sounds good, and I can't wait to try it!
Top Review by Boomette
I made these scones mostly for DH because he likes chocolate chip scones. But I still like them :) It was easy to do. I used the food processor to mix the dry ingredients and the cold butter. They have a great texture. DH likes them a lot. Thanks KitchenCraftsnMore :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl,combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
- With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in the chocolate chips with a fork.
- In a cup, beat together the buttermilk and egg, then add them to the flour mixture.
- Mix lightly with a fork until the mixture clings together and forms a ball of soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- and knead gently, turning 5 or 6 times.
- With a floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1/2-inch thick circle.
- Slice into 12 triangular pieces.
- Lightly brush the tops of the scones with milk and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake the scones 10 to 12 minutes or until they are golden brown.