1/3 Photos of Chocolate Chip Scones
Just found this scrumptious recipe on a newsgroup online. Sounds good, and I can't wait to try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425.
- 2Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- 3In a large bowl,combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and 2 tablespoons of the sugar.
- 4With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 5Mix in the chocolate chips with a fork.
- 6In a cup, beat together the buttermilk and egg, then add them to the flour mixture.
- 7Mix lightly with a fork until the mixture clings together and forms a ball of soft dough.
- 8Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- 9and knead gently, turning 5 or 6 times.
- 10With a floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1/2-inch thick circle.
- 11Slice into 12 triangular pieces.
- 12Lightly brush the tops of the scones with milk and sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 13Bake the scones 10 to 12 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Scones
Serving Size: 1 (657 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.7
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 252.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 3.4 g