Recipe by grandma2969
These are simple, and very, very good...they have a tender crisp texture..you can make the dough up to 2 months ahead, and can have homemade cookies in 15 minutes..simply, remove from freezer, slice and bake..
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose white flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- in a medium bowl, thoroughly stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat together butter, oil, brown sugar, and sugar till fluffy and well blended. add the egg and vanilla and beat until evenly incorporated.
- Beat or stir in the flour mixture, then the chocolate morsels and walnuts or pecans, is using, until evenly incorporated.
- Spoon half the dough onto a sheet of wax paper, forming a rough log, about 7" long. Repeat with second dough portion.
- Smooth the wax paper around the dough to help form the logs.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30-40 minutes, or until firmed up and easier to handle.Reshape the logs, smoothing them further. roll the logs up in sheets of plastic wrap, twisting the ends to keep wrap from unrolling.
- Freeze the logs until completely frozen, at least 3 hours.
- Bake immediately or transfer to an airtight plastic bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Grease several baking sheets or coat with nonstick spray.
- Carefully peel the plastic wrap from a dough log. Using a large sharp knife, cut crosswise into generous 1/4" thick slices; due to the morsels, the dough won't cut neatly. so it may be necessary to pat and smooth the slices back into shape.
- Using a spatula, carefully transfer slices to baking sheets, spacing about 2" apart. If desired, repeat with second log -- or save to bake another time.
- Bake in upper third of oven for 7-10 minutes or just slightly darker around the edges. Reverse sheet from front to back halfway through baking.
- Transfer sheet to wire rack until cookies firm up -- 1-2 min.Using a spatula, transfer cookies to wire rack.
- Let stand until completely cooled.
- May store in refrigerator up to 1 week.or freeze 1 1/2-2 months.