photo by Sharon123
- Ready In:
- Cream butter, egg and vanilla until mixed and fluffy.
- Beat in dry ingredients gradually mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in dates, coconut and 1/2 cup of the nuts.
- Form dough into two 1-1/2 inch logs.
- roll logs into remaining nuts (1/4 cup each).
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill (or freeze) until firm enough to slice.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice cookies 1/4-inch thick and place on a nonstick cookie sheet.
- bake 10-12 minutes until light golden brown.
- cool on wire racks.
- 2 cookies = 1 fat, 1/2 fruit, 1/4 bread, 95 calories.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Just finished making these cookies for my neighbour's father who is a diabetic. They taste really good, even if they don't contain sugar, but the coconut and dates add enough sweetness. I cut up the dates into small pieces and I still found the dough difficult to slice after chilling in the freezer. Maybe freezing the dough could help.