Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Minimalist Baker blog. These are quite good, optionally gluten free, and vegan, unless you decide to use 2 eggs instead of the flax eggs, like I did. Very thick and a little hard to flip, but turns out well.
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal (mixed with 2.5 Tbsp water, OR 1 egg)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons almond milk (or sub other milk)
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (or gluten free oats)
- 1⁄4 cup flour or 1⁄4 cup gluten-free flour
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips (non-dairy for vegan)
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat or about 300-325 degrees.
- Prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed meal and water and letting set for 3-5 minutes.
- Mash your very ripe banana with baking powder.
- Add flax egg, oil, salt, vanilla, almond butter, almond milk and stir.
- Stir in oats and flour until just combined.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips and fold gently.
- Scoop scant 1/4 cup measurements onto lightly greased griddle.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side – until golden brown.
- Serve plain or with a small drizzle of maple syrup and a few additional chocolate chips for melting.