Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are delicious Chocolate chip muffins that my mom used to make when I was younger and I finally got my hands on the recipe! Pillsbury Classics # 55. They are great warm!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line with paper baking cups or grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Stir in egg, milk and oil just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.).
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- In small bowl, combine topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Run knife around edges to loosen; immediately remove from pan.
- Serve warm.
I tried these muffins a couple of months ago and my grandkids loved them. Now it is without fail that my granddaughter, Brianna will ask me to make them every Saturday and sometimes in betweeen when there's no school.<br/>The only thing different that I do with the recipe is that I add 1 tsp. vanilla and instead of 1/2 cup sugar I add 2/3 cup. Also I use regular size chocolate chips - not the mini size. The sugary topping is an added plus to this recipe.