Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My family loves these muffins. We found the recipe in the Taste of Home magazine. It says that you get only 12 muffins, but we got 18.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
- Add yogurt and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Start checking the muffins at about 22 minutes. Mine did not take but about 23 minutes to cook.
great recipe!!! I have made this twice...once with plain yogurt and once with sour cream. Also used half wheat flour...came out great!
Just tried these muffins and they turned out moist and a tasted a bit like coffee cakes. Very yummy and will be making them again, perhaps I will reduce a bit of the white sugar, since there is already a brown sugar topping. Thanks for sharing ;)