Recipe by Tish
Make these with or without nuts. Posted in response to a request.
Top Review by annlouise
I guess if I followed the recipe I could give it 5 stars. I doubled it, subbed 1/2 c whole wheat flour, quick oats for rolled oats, and left out the nuts. There was enough crunch w/the cereal, and I don't know if it was the quick oats, but they seemed to make it almost too chewy. I started at 375 but the bottoms got too dark, so went with 350 and they turned out fine. This recipe was good for sneaking in nutrition with the cereal and oats (and the bit of ww flour didn't seem to affect taste).
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets (I use cooking spray).
- In a large bowl; mix together the canola oil, margarine, and sugars until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Mix in the cornflakes cereal, oats, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly on the cookie sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.