Glace Cherry Corn Flake Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 3 ounces caster sugar
- 1 egg, yolk only
- 3 drops vanilla extract
- 5 ounces self-raising flour
- crushed corn flakes
- glace cherries, halved,for decoration (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/ 375°F/ Gas Mark 5.
- Grease two baking sheets.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, until pale and fluffy, and then beat in the egg yolk.
- Add the vanilla and stir in the flour to make smooth dough and divide into 24 portions.
- Form each piece into a ball and roll in crushed cornflakes.
- Press half a glacé cherry in the centre of each biscuit (if using).
- Place the balls on the baking sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on the baking sheets for a few moments before lifting on to a wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation