This the first coffee cake I ever made for my grandpa. I was around 10. I was so proud that I made it myself. I just found it to make with my DD who is 10 now.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 350°.
- 2Grease and flour a 9x13 cake pan.
- 3Cream butter adding 1 cup of sugar. Beat until well combined.
- 4Add eggs 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
- 5In another bowl combine flour, baking powder,and baking soda.
- 6Mix sour cream and vanilla in a small bowl.
- 7Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- 8Spread 1/2 the batter into prepared pan.
- 9Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 10Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon sprinkle 1/2 over chips.
- 11Top with remaining batter.
- 12Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- 13I usually make more cinnamon sugar and add it in the center layer over the chips.
- 14Bake for 30 minutes until center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.2
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 172.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 30.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g