Recipe by Dib's
Cranberries make a nice change for the Holidays.
Top Review by 3KillerBs
This was very tasty even with a last minute substitution of dried apricots because I'd already made the crust when I realized my cherries were musty/fermenting. But the topping never solidified properly so that I could cut them decently. Even after 24 hours they are still too sticky and gooey to handle. I'll admit though that I'm not a very good baker and this sort of thing often happens when I try to make stuff. Still, I followed all the directions to the letter. ???
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons melted margarine
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dried cherries, plumped up in hot water for 20 min
Directions See How It's Made
- Plump up dried cherries.
- Crust: Combine all ingredients, mixing until crumbly.
- Press into greased 9-inch square pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Topping: Beat eggs, sugar, syrup and margarine together until blended.
- Stir in chips, nuts and drained cherries.
- Pour evenly over crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars.