Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
When eaten cold from the fridge, these are killer good!! Your friends and family will be super impressed!! For more great recipes, check me out at http://butmamaimhungry.blogspot.com
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With an electric mixer cream butter and sugars until nice and creamy. Add cream cheese and continue to mix until all lumps are gone and it is nice and smooth. Add vanilla and egg and mix.
- Slowly add flour, a little at a time. Add baking soda and salt and mix well, but not too much!
- Turn off your mixer and add the chocolate chips, folding by hand with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop cookie dough by the rounded tablespoon onto a cookie sheet; make sure they aren’t too close though!
- Bake in your oven for 9-11 minutes, I do mine for 10.
- Cool on a rack and once they are all the way cool put into a plastic bag or container and keep in the fridge!
- Since they have cream cheese in them you don’t want them to spoil!
- These are the best chocolate chip cookies ever! They stay nice and moist! Makes about 3 dozen.
These reminded me of the Chess bars I used to get at teh corner bakery as a teen.. Comforting and all around just yum!
First time, I've made these and they are fantastic. I did make a few alterations to the recipe, because it's what I had in the house: - Instead of cream cheese I used Plain Greek Yogurt in the same amount (1 Cup) - Added a little bit more vanilla extract - I used Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips - Baked them in the oven for 12 minutes (my oven is a little slow).
These cookies are absolutely amazing. Do not eat the cookie dough though, if you do you'll find yourself making any excuse to eat more of it. "Oh there's a bit too much in that spoonful" I don't think I will be making any other chocolate chip cookies but these.