Recipe by Lainey6605
If you like cannolis, you should love this delicious pie. I got this recipe from our local newspaper and it makes a great dessert for the holidays.
Top Review by cavalier mom
Saw this recipe on the Borden/Eagle website. Tried it twice.Couldn't have been easier to make.That said here's why I only gave it 3 stars:
I can never get it to quite set up after cooking. It got very runny both times.
I also thought it was WAY too sweet so the second time I cut out almost all the added sugar and used only 1/2 cut chocolate chips. It was still very sweet but better.
If it would set up better I would give it 4 stars. Next time I will add an egg to see if that helps.
- 9 inch unbaked pie shells
- 4.92-9.85 ml water
- 14.79 ml cinnamon sugar
- 425.24 g container ricotta cheese
- 396.89 g sweetened condensed milk
- 78.07 ml confectioners' sugar
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml milk chocolate chips or 354.88 ml miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 118.29 ml whipped topping, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush pie shell very lightly with water; generously sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Stir ricotta cheese, sweetened condensed milk, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in medium bowl until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Filling will appear slightly soft.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with whipped topping, if desired.