1/8 Photos of Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 25 mins
A recipe (originally by Ann Tremont) my mother put in a cookbook that I have modified quite a bit. Every time I bring this to work, everyone wants a piece (and there's not enough to go around).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Hand mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, walnuts, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract in mixing bowl until chocolate chips and walnuts are evenly spread out throughout mixture.
- 2In another bowl, mash bananas and add to the main mixing bowl.
- 3Soften the butter (I microwave for 20 seconds) and add to the main mixing bowl.
- 4Add two whole eggs to main mixing bowl.
- 5Mix all ingredients together by hand until it has a batter-like consistency.
- 6Pour into greased loaf pan.
- 7Let mixture set for at least 20 minutes before baking (Preheat the oven to 325°F).
- 8Bake at 325°F for 65 minutes (may take longer depending on the oven and altitude).
- 9When finished baking, it is best to let it set overnight before serving.
- 11An optional recipe: Instead of the chocolate chips, use 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to make Cinnamon Banana Nut Bread.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.3
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 226.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g