Cook1 hr 25 mins
A recipe (originally by Ann Tremont) my mother put in a cookbook that I have modified quite a bit. Every time I bring this to work, everyone wants a piece (and there's not enough to go around).
- Hand mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, walnuts, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract in mixing bowl until chocolate chips and walnuts are evenly spread out throughout mixture.
- In another bowl, mash bananas and add to the main mixing bowl.
- Soften the butter (I microwave for 20 seconds) and add to the main mixing bowl.
- Add two whole eggs to main mixing bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together by hand until it has a batter-like consistency.
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Let mixture set for at least 20 minutes before baking (Preheat the oven to 325°F).
- Bake at 325°F for 65 minutes (may take longer depending on the oven and altitude).
- When finished baking, it is best to let it set overnight before serving.
- An optional recipe: Instead of the chocolate chips, use 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to make Cinnamon Banana Nut Bread.