Recipe by Hazeleyes
One of my favorite indulgences! This makes a thick and chewy brownie. You can bake in a 9 x 13 pan for a thinner brownie. Chocolate frosting can be used if desired.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
Before getting on with my review,I'm proud to be the first to rate this " Hidden Gem " of a brownie recipe. :)I was a little hesitant to try a brownie recipe without baking powder,but went ahead with it anyway.And except for subbing mini-chocolate for the walnuts( SO doesn't care for them) this recipe was made exactly as it was written.I checked the brownies after 30 minutes of baking time and very few crumbs stayed on the toothpick,so I knew they were ready.For a more even cut,I let them rest for over an hour.This is exactly what a brownie should be,chewy and full of chocolate flavor.Thanks for posting a recipe that will be made again and again." Keep Smiling :) "
- 56.69 g unsweetened chocolate
- 56.69 g semisweet chocolate
- 158.51 ml butter
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 354.88 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter with chocolate in saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat, and stir in both sugars, eggs, flour, salt, vanilla and nuts. Stir well.
- Spread batter in a greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Cool for 1/2 hour before slicing.