Top Review by Divinemom5
If you love the combination of chocolate and cherries,then these are the muffins for you.I didn't even sprinkle the tops with the extra 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and they were still full of chocolate.My family enjoyed the Valetines Day morning.Very delicious.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup candied cherries or 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherries or 1⁄2 cup raisins, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup milk or 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease 12 muffin pan cups or line with paper liners.
- In large bowl, combine flour, 1 3/4 cups chocolate morsels, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in cherries.
- In small bowl, combine milk, oil, and egg until well blended.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until full.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate morsels.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until muffins are golden.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; serve warm or cool completely on wire rack.