Recipe by Rita~
These are soft chewy,chocolate covered cherry cookies! Drizzled with white and semi sweet chocolate. Quick and easy to make and eat!
Top Review by JanuaryBride
I made 10 different kinds of cookies yesterday and these were by far the winner! Did not garnish them with chocolate. Also swapped out almond extract for the liqueur, but I think next time I will only use 1/2 tbsp. Also cut my cherries in half. UPDATE: I made these again today for a bake sale and I used amarena cherries in place of the dried. I prefer this recipe with the tart dried cherry to be honest. If you are using amarena cherries in this recipe, I recommend that you increase it to 3/4 cup from 1/2 cup.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon almond liqueur (if using almond extract do use 1 teaspoon)
- 1⁄2 cup plump dried cherries
- melted white chocolate
- melted semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 4 ingredients together.
- Stir in dried cherries.
- Scoop a heaping spoonful onto cookies sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle chocolates over cookies if wanted.
- Cool and store in a air tight container if you don`t eat them all! ;).