Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in The Biggest Loser Cookbook. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
- 1⁄4 cup frozen unsweetened sweet cherries (not thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar free vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- In the jar of a blender, combine the cherries, yogurt, milk, cocoa, and ice cubes. Blend on high speed or ice crush setting for 30-60 seconds, or until smooth. Stir in the honey, if desired.
- Pour into a glass. Serve immediately.
I really wanted to like this, but I'm sorry, it wasn't for me. The chocolate was too much for my tastes and the smoothie was rich and difficult to drink. I tried adding vanilla extract and a few extra cherries, but that didn't make enough of a difference.
This is soooooo good.
This is a nice little recipe! I froze 1/4 cup of fresh cherries for this, and used soy milk. I also probably used a bit more than 1/2 cup of yogurt, since I just dumped in the entire container (about 5 ounces). Still, my blender wouldn't crush the ice very well, so I added about 1/4 cup of water. I used a heaping teaspoon of cocoa powder, because I've found that more than that tends to taste too bitter to me. The smoothie was a bit thinner than I'd like, but that's probably because of the liquid I added. I omitted the honey. Thanks for posting!