Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fudgy cookie with the addition of yummy cherries.
- 3 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 (11 ounce) bag chocolate-covered cherries, chocolate-kiss shaped decorative candies, unwrapped
- Place unsweetened chocolate in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Add butter; stir until butter is melted. Cool 10 minutes.
- Combine melted chocolate mixture, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 3/4 cups of flour, eggs and baking powder in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add remaining 3/4 cup of flour and dried cherries. Continue beating just until well mixed. Cover; refrigerate until firm. [1 hour].
- Heat oven to 300. Place 1/3 cup of sugar in small bowl. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until top is cracked and set.
- Immediately press 1 cherry chocolate kiss into each cookie. Remove to cool racks. Cool completely or until chocolate is set. [about 1 hour]. Store between sheets of waxed paper in container with tight-fitting lid for up to 5 days.