Recipe by GrandmaIsCooking
--Adopted Recipe-- Preparation time does not include time to soften butter or refrigeration time before serving.
Top Review by Gingerbear
This was so creamy and smooth. Me and my BH both loved this. The combination of the crunchy crust and the creamy fillings were just great. This is a definite keeper. Easy to make too. Thank you....
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 16 ounces Cool Whip Topping
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2-1 cup pecan pieces (for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften butter at room temperature. Cut in flour and pecans until crumbly and press into a 9x13 inch pan, covering the bottom. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Using milk, prepare chocolate pudding as directed on package and let it set while you prepare next layer.
- With a mixer, combine sugar and cream cheese. Fold in half of Cool Whip.
- Pour into crust. Top with chocolate pudding.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip topping.
- Sprinkle with pecans pieces. Refrigerate several hours before serving.