Recipe by greysangel
I found these on Slash food and made them over the weekend...addictive little cookies! The dough is very easy to work with and they flatten out beautifully! Don't skip the cardomom and use good quality cocoa.
Top Review by LaurietheLibrarian
We liked these very much. On the last few trays, I added sparkling white sugar on the tops to add some glitz. We doubled the recipe and I know that they won't last long! Thanks Greysangel!
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350°F.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together sugar and spices; set 1/2 cup of the mixture aside.
- Add butter to mixing bowl and cream with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in cocoa powder, followed by the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and baking powder by hand or at low speed.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in reserved sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until edges are firm.
- Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight container.