1/2 Photos of Chocolate Caramel Thumbprints
These taste like Pecan turtles in a cookie! Who doesn't like chocolate with caramel and nuts? YUMMY!! Time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate egg; set egg yolk aside. Cover and chill egg white until needed. Stir together flour, cocoa powder, and salt; set aside.
- 2In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar; beat until combined. Beat in egg yolk, milk, and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining flour mixture. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- 3Preheat oven to 350°F In small saucepan, cook and stir caramels and whipping cream over low heat until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- 4Slightly beat reserved egg white. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll balls in egg white, then in pecans to coat. Place balls 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheet. Using your thumb, make indention in center of each cookie.
- 5Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are firm. Spoon melted caramel mixture into indentation. (If necessary, reheat caramel mixture to keep it spoon able.) Transfer cookies to wire rack; cool.
- 6In another small saucepan, combine chocolate chips and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Cool slightly. Drizzle cookies with chocolate mixture. Let stand until chocolate is set.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Caramel Thumbprints
Serving Size: 1 (918 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.1
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 48.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g