Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A gem of a recipe from the food geniuses at Eagle Brand Milk, one of my four food groups, condensed milk!!! Chocolate, caramel and raspberries, what could be bad???
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Over low heat in a heavy saucepan melt caramels and chocolate.
- Gradually add condensed milk, butter, jam and whipping cream.
- Melt together and stir unti smooth.
- Serve warm over ice cream or pound cake or both.
Chocolate, caramel and raspberries?! How can you go wrong with such a combination? I made this sauce to go Little Vanilla Pound Cake for 2 and it makes a whole lot! I did not add in the whipping cream but instead just put in a bit of cream in my individual servings and reheat the sauce in the microwave. It only takes a couple seconds. Out of the fridge it is almost like a "type of truffle filling." Not rock hard but maybe fudge-like consistency. I think it would make a nice truffle filling rolled in some finely grated chocolate too. I love this recipe. Thanks!