Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Ladies Home Journal. Another pretty picture. Just microwave and refrigerate!
- 25 Kraft caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) graham cracker crust
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, french vanilla topping thawed, divided
- Place caramels in medium microwavable bowl.
- Add milk. Microwave on high 2-1/2 to 3 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after each minute.
- Stir in pecans. Pour into crust.
- Microwave chocolate in medium microwavable bowl on high 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is completely melted, stirring after each minute.
- Add 2 cups of the cool whip, stir with whisk until well blended.
- Spread evenly over caramel layer in the crust.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Let stand at room temp 10-15 min before serving.
- Top with remaining cool whip.
This was easy, very rich, very good. I used Werther caramels. Yummmmy! Thank you for a wonderful dessert. This will be going in my "Will have again" Cookbook.