Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Wow, most decadent dessert. Well worth the time it takes to make. Your guests will be so impressed with this excellant homemade cheesecake. I loaned the cookbook that this recipe comes from to a co-worker and never got the book back, I think it was called Extraordinary Cheesecakes.
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 12 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Caramel Mocha Filling
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons hot water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄4 cup dark corn syrup
Mocha Sour Cream Topping
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Chocolate Cookie Crust In a small bowl stir together crushed cookies and melted butter or margarine till well combined.
- Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9" springform pan.
- Caramel Mocha Filling In a large bowl combine cream cheese, brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Beat with an electric mixer till smooth.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Now stir in sour cream and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture and set aside.
- Stir together instant coffee and hot water, set aside.
- Place 3/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture in a small bowl; add dissolved coffee.
- Stir in sugar.
- Stir melted chocolate chips and corn syrup into remaining cheese mixture.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture over the crust.
- Spoon 1/2 cup of the coffee mixture over the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the remaining chocolate mixture over the coffee mixture.
- Spoon on the remaining coffee mixture, without distrubing the crust, swirl the blade of a knife thru the filling to create a marbling effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minute.
- Lower the temperature to 225 degrees and bake for 1 hour and 15 minute.
- ,or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan, to loosen.
- Turn the oven off and return the cake to the oven for an additional 30 minute.
- Chill, uncovered, overnight in fridge.
- Mocha Sour Cream Topping In small bowl stir together hot water and coffee crystals.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Add melted chocolate chips and sour cream.
- Stir until well combined.
- Spread the warm sour cream mixture over the cheese cake.
- Leave cake in springform pan until ready to serve.
- Chill till serving.
This was outstanding. DH adores Caramel Machiattos, so I thought I'd give this a whirl. I used a single-serving springform pan (4x6) so I scaled down the recipe to '2' servings and it fit perfectly. Personal preference, we also topped with a bit of Heath bar candy. Thanks! Update: Made this for a get-together and enjoyed it. It's a wonderful rich dessert... a perfect after-dinner play time for your taste buds. :)
This cheesecake was absolute chocolate decadence. Every mouthful was a pleasure.
This cheesecake is awesome! I made it for my boyfriend and his classmates last spring and they are still talking about it over 6 months later! Thanks for posting! This recipe is definitely a keeper!