1/2 Photos of Chocolate Caramel Mocha Cheesecake
2 hrs 45 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
Wow, most decadent dessert. Well worth the time it takes to make. Your guests will be so impressed with this excellant homemade cheesecake. I loaned the cookbook that this recipe comes from to a co-worker and never got the book back, I think it was called Extraordinary Cheesecakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Chocolate Cookie Crust
- 12 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Caramel Mocha Filling
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 1/2 teaspoons hot water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
Mocha Sour Cream Topping
- 1Chocolate Cookie Crust In a small bowl stir together crushed cookies and melted butter or margarine till well combined.
- 2Press mixture evenly onto the bottom of a greased 9" springform pan.
- 3Caramel Mocha Filling In a large bowl combine cream cheese, brown sugar and cornstarch.
- 4Beat with an electric mixer till smooth.
- 5Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Now stir in sour cream and vanilla to the cream cheese mixture and set aside.
- 7Stir together instant coffee and hot water, set aside.
- 8Place 3/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture in a small bowl; add dissolved coffee.
- 9Stir in sugar.
- 10Stir melted chocolate chips and corn syrup into remaining cheese mixture.
- 11Pour half of the chocolate mixture over the crust.
- 12Spoon 1/2 cup of the coffee mixture over the chocolate mixture.
- 13Pour the remaining chocolate mixture over the coffee mixture.
- 14Spoon on the remaining coffee mixture, without distrubing the crust, swirl the blade of a knife thru the filling to create a marbling effect.
- 15Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minute.
- 16Lower the temperature to 225 degrees and bake for 1 hour and 15 minute.
- 17,or until the center no longer looks wet or shiny.
- 18Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the inside edge of the pan, to loosen.
- 19Turn the oven off and return the cake to the oven for an additional 30 minute.
- 20Chill, uncovered, overnight in fridge.
- 21Mocha Sour Cream Topping In small bowl stir together hot water and coffee crystals.
- 22Stir in brown sugar.
- 23Add melted chocolate chips and sour cream.
- 24Stir until well combined.
- 25Spread the warm sour cream mixture over the cheese cake.
- 26Leave cake in springform pan until ready to serve.
- 27Chill till serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Caramel Mocha Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.3
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.5 mg
- Sodium 444.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 45.6 g
- Protein 9.7 g