Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These bars are so good! If you love cashews, chocolate (who doesn't) and caramels, you will love these. They are pretty easy and come out looking and tasting like they were difficult to make :)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy and then beat in egg.
- Stir in flour and oats and blend well.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15- 18 minutes until light brown.
- In a medium saucepan combine caramels and half and half and cook over low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Pour caramel mixture over baked crust.
- Sprinkle with cashews and chocolate.
- Bake an additional 8- 10 minutes or until chocolate is softened and caramel begins to bubble around edges of pan.
- Cool completely and refrigerate to set chocolate.
- Cut into bars.
VERY GOOD!! Caramels, cashews, and chocolate! Really, how much better can it get? These were so easy to make, and they don't require a lot of work, (except peeling those caramels!), and they are worth every minute! I recommend this recipe to all who want a sinfully rich dessert. Thanks, Karen!
Thanks for another winner, Karen! These are very tasty and the only reason I didn't give 5 stars is purely personal taste. Hub and I both found them to be almost (note "almost" :) too rich. I cut them in small squares and they were very popular at a potluck. Only one other thing - and it is a baby "whine" on my part - unwrapping the caramels tried my patience! LOL Too bad I don't have a youngster to help me. Oh, well. I wonder if caramel ice cream topping in a jar would work? I will definitely make it again!
My three year old daughter and I made these for my husband to bring to work for his birthday treat and all I can say is DIVINE. These are sinful. These are easy enough that my three year old, who loves to bake helped me make them. I can say that so far I have not been disappointed with any of your recipes. Keep up the good work Karen.