Recipe by Karen=^..^=
These bars are so good! If you love cashews, chocolate (who doesn't) and caramels, you will love these. They are pretty easy and come out looking and tasting like they were difficult to make :)
Top Review by MizzNezz
VERY GOOD!! Caramels, cashews, and chocolate! Really, how much better can it get? These were so easy to make, and they don't require a lot of work, (except peeling those caramels!), and they are worth every minute! I recommend this recipe to all who want a sinfully rich dessert. Thanks, Karen!
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup large cashew pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy and then beat in egg.
- Stir in flour and oats and blend well.
- Press into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15- 18 minutes until light brown.
- In a medium saucepan combine caramels and half and half and cook over low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- Pour caramel mixture over baked crust.
- Sprinkle with cashews and chocolate.
- Bake an additional 8- 10 minutes or until chocolate is softened and caramel begins to bubble around edges of pan.
- Cool completely and refrigerate to set chocolate.
- Cut into bars.