Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy and delicious chocolate frosting.
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine (softened)
- 2 2⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa (I prefer Ghirardelli)
- 4 -6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat the butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency.
- Stir in vanilla.
I made this cake recently using Bob Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour. Everything else was the same. I have substituted that flour for many other regular cake recipes and they have all turned out really great. This one, I have to say, was dry. I think it really needs more butter - probably at least an extra 1/2 cup.
Really needs more cocoa in my opinion. Pretty good when you make that adjustment.