Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine sugar, butter, egg, and extract.
- Beat at medium speed until fluffy.
- Gradually add flour and cocoa until well mixed.
- Shape into rounded teaspoonfuls 1" balls, cookie press, or indent in the middle.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Cool, then decorate with melted chocolate, cherry in center, or powdered sugar.
I made these this morning, and they were a huge hit at my house! Cut them out with Mickey Mouse shaped cutters, and my daughter thinks I'm a magic cookie-makin' machine! So yummy! But, for anyone who wants to use a cookie cutter with this recipe, keep extra flour on hand for the cutter, your hands, and the dough - otherwise, it doesn't work out.
Oh wow...these are fantastic. Do not flatten them. I am making 2 more batches of these now!
I'm making some right now, I substituted peppermint extract in place of the vanilla, and added a layer of melted chocolate on top!