Prep 25 mins
Cook 24 mins
I love the combination of chocolate and orange!
Make and share this Chocolate Brownies With Orange Cream Cheese Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces chocolate, chopped (bittersweet or semisweet)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature (unsalted)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
- 1⁄2 cup roasted pistachios or 1⁄2 cup toasted sweetened flaked coconut or 1⁄2 cup untoasted sweetened flaked coconut
- Set oven rack in lower middle position; preheat to 325°F.
- Spray 9 X 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Press 18x12-inch sheet aluminum foil over bottom and up long sides of pan, leaving overhang on each long side. (This helps to lift the brownies out of the pan with ease).
- Spray foil with nonstick spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl.
- Stir both chocolates and 10 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat until melted and smooth; remove from heat.
- Whisk sugar and vanilla, then eggs into chocolate mixture.
- Whisk until glossy and smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add dry ingredients and whisk just to blend.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out with some moist crumbs attached, about 22-24 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on rack.
- Using electric mixer, beat room temperature cream cheese and next 3 ingredients in medium bowl until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese frosting over brownies.
- Sprinkle nuts or coconut over.
- DO AHEAD Chocolate brownies can be made 1 day ahead.
- Cover and chill.
- Using foil overhang for handles, remove brownies from pan.
- Cut into 18 squares; serve cold or at room temperature.
- **Cook time does not include cooling completely after baking or chilling in refrigerator before cutting and serving.