I love the combination of chocolate and orange!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces chocolate, chopped (bittersweet or semisweet)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1Set oven rack in lower middle position; preheat to 325°F.
- 2Spray 9 X 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- 3Press 18x12-inch sheet aluminum foil over bottom and up long sides of pan, leaving overhang on each long side. (This helps to lift the brownies out of the pan with ease).
- 4Spray foil with nonstick spray.
- 5Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl.
- 6Stir both chocolates and 10 tablespoons butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat until melted and smooth; remove from heat.
- 7Whisk sugar and vanilla, then eggs into chocolate mixture.
- 8Whisk until glossy and smooth, about 1 minute.
- 9Add dry ingredients and whisk just to blend.
- 10Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 11Bake until tester inserted into center comes out with some moist crumbs attached, about 22-24 minutes.
- 12Cool completely in pan on rack.
- 13Using electric mixer, beat room temperature cream cheese and next 3 ingredients in medium bowl until smooth.
- 14Spread cream cheese frosting over brownies.
- 15Sprinkle nuts or coconut over.
- 16DO AHEAD Chocolate brownies can be made 1 day ahead.
- 17Cover and chill.
- 18Using foil overhang for handles, remove brownies from pan.
- 19Cut into 18 squares; serve cold or at room temperature.
- 20**Cook time does not include cooling completely after baking or chilling in refrigerator before cutting and serving.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Brownies With Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.3
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 140.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g