1/10 Photos of Chocolate Brownie (Diabetic)
This is from the Australian Women's Weekly Diabetes Cookbook. Thought those with a sweet tooth may enjoy. Please note this recipe is worked out in metric cup measurements. Per brownie 303kj (73cal); 3.8g fat (0.6g saturated fat); 4.7g carbohydrate; 0.2g fibre; medium GI.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 75 g brown sugar (1/3 cup firmly packed)
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 40 g low-fat dairy-free margarine (melted)
- 40 g wholemeal self-rising flour (1/4 cup)
- 45 g dark chocolate chips (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (extra)
- 2 teaspoons icing sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (160 degrees for fan forced ovens).
- 2Grease 19cm square pan, line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above two opposing sides of pan.
- 3Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in small bowl until thick and creamy.
- 4Transfer to a medium bowl.
- 5Blend coffee and cocoa with the water and oil in a small bowl until smooth, stir in spread (margarine).
- 6Fold cocoa mixture into egg mixture.
- 7Fold flour and chock bits and pour into prepared pan.
- 8Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes or until brownie is firm to the touch.
- 9Stand 30 minutes; turn onto wire rack.
- 10Slice and serve dusted with sifted combined cocoa powder and icing sugar and low fat ice cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Brownie (Diabetic)
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.6
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 10.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
wholemeal self-rising flour