Yoghurt and Mango Mousse
photo by Good Looking Cooking
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 5mins
- 85 g jelly crystals (jello mango flavour)
- 1 cup water (boiling - 250ml)
- 400 g low-fat yogurt
- 1 banana (medium - 200 grams, sliced)
- 1 kiwi fruit (medium - 85 grams, sliced thinly)
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (75 grams)
- 1⁄4 cup passion fruit pulp (60ml)
- Stir jelly (jello) crystals with the boiling water in a small heatproof bowl until dissolved.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes or until cold (DO NOT allow to set).
- Whisk the yogurt and jelly until smooth.
- Divide yogurt mixture among six 1 cup (250ml) serving glasses/dishes; cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, top each jelly with equal amounts of banana, kiwifruit, blueberries and passionfruit pulp.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great for summer this desert is not too sweet and light, served with the fresh fruit. I made lime jello as well as mango jello and layered the two and served it with fresh mango and kiwifruit to keep it light. My grandkids and my big kid DH gobbled this up. Will definitely be making this again as it is so quick and easy to make as long as you keep the setting time in mind. Made for recipe swap #22
Very good - my kind of dessert. This is also very adaptable to whatever fruits or jello you have on hand. I used strawberry jello and the fruit listed except for the passion fruit. Also instead of putting it in individual serving dishes, we mixed the jello and yogurt in a large bowl and let it sit in the fridge - about 2 hours later I stirred in the fruit - and easy and different way to have jello. Thanks for sharing this keeper.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.