From 125 Best Cupcakes Recipes.
Make and share this Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325F and use muffin pan lined with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together granulated and brown sugars and butter until smooth. Whisk in vanilla and almond extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture, beating until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 28 minutes or until a tester inserted into center comes out with a few crumbs attached and a little melted chocolate. The tops of cupcakes will not spring back when touched.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- Top cooled cupcakes with favorite frosting.
The flavor of these brownies is excellent. Haven't ever had brownies with almond extract as one of the flavors and wasn't sure how I would like it - but I did. I had way more batter than I needed for twelve cupcakes - put some in a small pan that I use for making hamburger buns and what I did put in the cupcake liners rose up and over the edges - think this makes more like 18-24 cupcakes - will try this again.
This recipe was wonderful. It was simple to beat the sugar with the melted butter (without the need to dirty anything electrical) and the taste of the batter was the most delicious thing I have ever had. I had to force myself to actually bake this into cupcakes as I just wanted to spread the lovely fudgy batter onto bread and eat it! I cut back the almond essence a little and increased the vanilla a little as a personal preference. Also because I made it in smaller muffin tins I reduced the cooking time to about 15minutes and it worked perfectly and wasn't dry at all with a light and moist texture. I did whisk it rather firmly though in the early stages and lightly folded in the chocolate chips at the end. I tend to follow recommended baking times very loosely as every oven varies and I test to see if the cupcakes are cooked a bit earlier and then adjust the remaining time.
I wasn't really impressed by the dryness of the cupcake only hours after coming out of the oven... Otherwise, I had no complaints when they were still nice and toasty!