Cranberry Lemon Cupcakes
From 125 Best Cupcakes Recipes.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, eggs, lemon zest and lemon extract until smooth. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. Stir in cranberries.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack. If desired, top cooled cupcakes with frosting.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Thanks Redsie for a lovely lemony recipe. I made muffins also and they are wonderful. I used half the ask for amount of butter (heart healthy margarine) and half unsweetened applesauce. For the 6 muffins I made the recipe ask for 1/2 C. sugar and I used 2 Tbs sugar and the rest was Splenda. My result wasn't a "cakey" as twissis' but the flavor is wonderful and I'm more than happy with them. I didn't have cranberries so used dried cherries in there place.This recipe takes almost no time to mix up doesn't make a big mess to clean up. I have also discovered that I don't care for the way silicone bakes and I'll be returning to good ole metal baking pans. This is the 4th recipe I have used a silicone muffin pan for and they don't brown (except on the bottom) with out over baking the product. I do NOT recommend them at all