Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from recipezaar message board. The recipe was posted by Meryl.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crushed wafers and butter together and pat into a buttered 8 x 11-inch cake pan. Chill.
- Soften gelatin in cold water and set aside. In top of double boiler
- combine eg yolks, sugar, salt, and milk. Add custard to gelatin mixture and cool. Fold stiffly beaten egg whites, whipped cream, and vanilla into gelatin-custard mixture. Pour into crust.
- May be garnished with additional cookie crumbs. Chill for several hours before serving.