Recipe by spaghetti_soprano
Easier than chocolate cake! Moist and not too sweet, this batter bread recipe comes from the White-Westinghouse Bread Machine manual.
Top Review by VelcrowMistress
My machine just didn't like this recipe :( It looks like a great recipe, but for some reason, the center was hallow. What was left around the edges was good, but not good enough to make the hallow center worth while, lol.<br/><br/>ps, my machine is The Bread Machine, 2 lb loaf maker
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs and milk in separate bowl. Set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa in another bowl.
- Add all ingredients to the bread pan in order listed above, beginning with butter, then sugar, then egg mixture, then chocolate chips, then flour mixture.
- Place bread pan into the bread machine and select batter bread function. Your batter bread will be done in 2 hours.