1/1 Photo of Chocolate Banana Muffins
This recipe is from one of those little free booklets that they give out at the supermarket. I had some ripe bananas that I wanted to use up and these sounded perfect. They combine the appeal of chocolate with the goodness of bananas and whole wheat flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Prepare muffin tin by lining with paper muffin cups or greasing well.
- 3Mash the bananas well and combine with the milk, egg, sugar, butter, vanilla and lemon juice.
- 4Stir the whole wheat flour together with the all-purpose flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- 5Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the banana mixture.
- 6Stir just until combined.
- 7Divide the batter between the cups, filling two-thirds full.
- 8Place a banana chip on top of each muffin.
- 9Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched gently.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Banana Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (949 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.4
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 28.5 mg
- Sodium 252.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: