Triple Chocolate Banana Muffins
photo by Pontyo
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups mashed bananas
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil or 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease muffin tin.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine mashed banana, oil, egg, and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture, stir until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between 10 muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until done.
- Mine are usually done at 18 minutes, but my oven cooks quickly.
- Do not overbake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved these! Super moist and with very good flavor. I had to make a few adjustments based on what I had on hand, but it seems to have worked out great. I used 2/3 whole wheat pastry flour and 1/3 amaranth flour. The white sugar was splenda, but I used regular brown. I used all egg whites and 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips instead of the white chips (which we don't like). These were chocolatey and oh so good. The banana flavor was strong but neither it nor the chocolate flavor over powered each other. I have old small muffin tins but I got 12 regular muffins and 6 mini ones. Yum! Thanks.