Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A good way to use up ripe bananas. It uses semi-sweet chocolate chips and has no eggs.
Make and share this Chocolate Banana Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl cream together melted chocolate chips, butter, brown sugar and banana until smooth.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, mix well.
- Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture, add milk.
- Stir in nuts if using.
- Spoon into greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 -60 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes turn out on wire rack to completely cool.
I also increased baking powder by 1/2 tsp (good tip!), used 3 bananas, and added 1/2 cup rather than 1/3 cup of chocolate chips to the butter while melting, AND added 1/2 cup of chocolate chunks for an extra chocolatey loaf. FANTASTIC. I will be making this again for sure!
I followed the trend by increasing the baking powder. I also used 3 full bananas & the opt pecans. We loved it, Calee! It was just right for us & accompanied us on a 4-dy fishing trip last weekend. All the other couples were so jealous ea dy as our breakfast was a tortilla rollup, fruit + this yummy treat. I think it would be equally good as a dessert w/vanilla ice cream & will look forward to that next time. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
I really liked this recipe, but I thought the brown sugar did not make this banana loaf sweet enough. Instead it made it kind of bitter, despite the sweetness of the chocolate chips and bananas.