Recipe by weekend cooker
a different look on this including baking cocca, and vanilla extract. Refrigeration time is 3-4 hours.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shells, baked
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup whipped topping
- chocolate curls (for topping)
- additional banana (optional, for topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cocca,salt, and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, cook, and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the butter, and vanilla.
- Pour half of the filling into pastry shell, and top with sliced bananas ans remaining filling.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Garnish with whipped topping. Decorate with chocolate curls, and additional bananas if desired.