Recipe by Jacqui from Oz
A delicious recipe from Bill's Food (Bill Granger) and very simple to make. Great for the kids lunchboxes.
- 250 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 250 g caster sugar
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 175 g good quality chocolate chips (dark or milk, or a mixture)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Mix the butter, sugar, banana, eggs, vanilla extract and choc chips in a separate bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into a non-stick or lightly greased loaf tin and bake for 1 hour 15 mins, or until the bread is cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Leave to cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve in thick slices with butter.